Publication in Nature Communications
We are proud to announce that the joint publication of eeecon member Loukas Balafoutas together with Nikos Nikiforakis (New York University in Abu Dhabi) and Bettina Rockenbach (University of Cologne) on altruistic punishment is now published in Nature Communications and received widespread media attention in Europe and Russia.
13th eeecon workshop with Uwe Sunde
Our 13th eeecon workshop took place on September 28. Our special guest and keynote lecturer was Uwe Sunde from the LMU Munich who talked about "The Nature and Predictive Power of Preferences: Global Evidence". More detailed information can be found on the program.
Publication in Nature Climate Change
We are proud to announce that a joint project of eeecon members Nikolaus Umlauf and Achim Zeileis together with a team of international researchers resulted in another high-profile publication on "Remotely sensed resilience of tropical forests" in Nature Climate Change.
4th eeecon lecture with Hans-Werner Sinn
The 4th eeecon lecture with our guest Hans-Werner Sinn (LMU Munich / ifo institute) took place on May 24th 2016. About 250 people listened to his talk about "Der Euro. Von der Friedensidee zum Zankapfel".
eeecon @ Lange Nacht der Forschung
Replication study published in Science
A major replication study on laboratory experiments in economics that involved the 4 eeecon members Jürgen Huber, Michael Kirchler, Felix Holzmeister, and Michael Razen is now published in Science. Congratulations!
Publication in Science Advances
We are proud to announce that the joint publication of eeecon member Esther Blanco together with Xavier Basurto (Duke University and guest researcher at the University of Innsbruck), Mateja Nenadovic (Duke University) and Björn Vollan (University of Marburg and former eeecon member) on "Integrating Simultaneous Pro-social and Anti-social Behavior into Theories of Collective Action" is now published in Science Advances and subject of various international press articles.
- M. Razen, J. Huber and M. Kirchler. "Cash Inflow and Trading Horizon in Asset Markets", European Economic Review (forthcoming). Working Paper Version
- E. Mayer, S. Rüth and J. Scharler. "Total Factor Productivity and the Propagation of Shocks; Empirical Evidence and Implications for the Business Cycle", Journal of Macroeconommics (forthcoming). Link
- B. Raunig, J. Scharler and F. Sindermann. "Do Banks Lend Less in Uncertain Times?", Economica (forthcoming). Link
- L. Balafoutas, N. Nikiforakis, B. Rockenbach. "Altruistic punishment does not increase with the severity of norm violations in the field", Nature Communications (forthcoming).
Recent Working Papers
- M. Köhler, N. Umlauf, A. Beyerlein, C. Winkler, A.-G. Ziegler and S. Greven. "Flexible Bayesian additive joint models with an application to type 1 diabetes research". [Online version]
- M. Dabernig, G. J. Mayr, J. W. Messner and A. Zeileis. "Simultaneous Ensemble Post-Processing for Multiple Lead Times with Standardized Anomalies", 2016-31. [Online version]
- A. Razen and S. Lang. "Random Scaling Factors in Bayesian Distributional Regression Models with an Application to Real Estate Data", 2016-30. [Online version]
- G. Dutcher, D. Glätzle-Rützler and D. Ryvkin. "Don't hate the player, hate the game: Uncovering the foundations of cheating in contests", 2016-29. [Online version]