14th eeecon workshop & inaugural lecture with Markus Ohndorf
Save the date for our next eeecon workshop and the inaugural lecture with Markus Ohndorf coming up on March, 2.
SFB "Credence Goods, Incentives and Behavior"
We are proud to officially announce the approval of a SFB (Special Research Unit) on "Credence Goods, Incentives and Behavior" financed by the Austrian Science Fund (FWF). The joint research project including the project part leaders Loukas Balafoutas, Jürgen Huber, Rudolf Kerschbamer, Michael Kirchler, Matthias Sutter, and Markus Walzl will run for 4 years with a budget of 3.5 million Euros. The project’s aim is to analyze key determinants of individual behavior and market performance in credence goods markets with a variety of methods, combining theoretical work, laboratory experiments and field experiments. The research group consists of more than 30 scholars from economics and finance, thus bridging research across both fields.
eeecon @ Lange Nacht der Forschung
Publication in Science Advances
We are proud to announce that the joint publication of eeecon member Esther Blanco together with Xavier Basurto (Duke University and guest researcher at the University of Innsbruck), Mateja Nenadovic (Duke University) and Björn Vollan (University of Marburg and former eeecon member) on "Integrating Simultaneous Pro-social and Anti-social Behavior into Theories of Collective Action" is now published in Science Advances and subject of various international press articles.
4th eeecon lecture with Hans-Werner Sinn
The 4th eeecon lecture with our guest Hans-Werner Sinn (LMU Munich / ifo institute) took place on May 24th 2016. About 250 people listened to his talk about "Der Euro. Von der Friedensidee zum Zankapfel".
Publication in Nature Communications
We are proud to announce that the joint publication of eeecon member Loukas Balafoutas together with Nikos Nikiforakis (New York University in Abu Dhabi) and Bettina Rockenbach (University of Cologne) on altruistic punishment is now published in Nature Communications and received widespread media attention in Europe and Russia.
Publication in Nature Climate Change
We are proud to announce that a joint project of eeecon members Nikolaus Umlauf and Achim Zeileis together with a team of international researchers resulted in another high-profile publication on "Remotely sensed resilience of tropical forests" in Nature Climate Change.
Replication study published in Science
A major replication study on laboratory experiments in economics that involved the 4 eeecon members Jürgen Huber, Michael Kirchler, Felix Holzmeister, and Michael Razen is now published in Science. Congratulations!
Recent Working Papers
- N. Umlauf, N. Klein and A. Zeileis. "BAMLSS: Bayesian Additive Models for Location, Scale and Shape (and Beyond)", 2017-05. [Online version]
- M. Halla, S. Pech and M. Zweimüller. "The effect of statutory sick-pay on workers' labor supply and subsequent health", 2017-04. [Online version]
- F. Buscha, D. Müller and L. Page. "Can a common currency foster a shared social identity across different nations? The case of the Euro", 2017-03. [Online version]
- D. Müller. "The anatomy of distributional preferences with group identity", 2017-02. [Online version]
13th eeecon workshop with Uwe Sunde
Our 13th eeecon workshop took place on September 28. Our special guest and keynote lecturer was Uwe Sunde from the LMU Munich who talked about "The Nature and Predictive Power of Preferences: Global Evidence". More detailed information can be found on the program.
- M. Kirchler, D. Andersson, C. Bonn, M. Johannesson, E. Ø. Sørensen, M. Stefan, G. Tinghög, and D. Västfjäll, “The Effect of Fast and Slow Decisions on Financial Risk Taking”, Journal of Risk and Uncertainty (forthcoming).
- B. Davis. "An experiment on behavior in social learning games with collective preferences", Economics Letters (forthcoming).
- E. Blanco, T. Haller and J. M. Walker. "Externalities in appropriation: Responses to probabilistic losses", Experimental Economics (forthcoming). Working Paper Version
- R. Kerschbamer and M. Sutter. "The economics of credence goods - A survey of recent lab and field experiments", CESifo Economic Studies (forthcoming).