2nd Euregio Data Science Summer School
February, 2021, University of Innsbruck, Austria
Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19 pandemic we had to postpone the summer school. The provisional date is February 2021.
This summer school brings together students, researchers and professionals from different fields to explore the challenges and latest developments in data science. The summer school is structured like a boot camp, the aim is to get a broad overview of the complete data science workflow in order to better implement your own projects.
Target Audience and Prerequisites
- Post-graduate students (Master and PhD students) who want to develop their data analysis skills through modern data science methods.
- Researchers and industry practitioners working with data in private and public institutions.
Although there is no formal prerequisite, we recommend the following:
- Basic knowledge of the R computing environment and basic understanding of elementary statistics/econometrics (e.g., one or two intro statistics or econometrics courses at the undergraduate level) are recommended for the 2nd Euregio Data Science Summer School.
The 2nd Euregio Data Science Summer School is organized with the support of Euregio, hence for students from this area fees are waived and they are eligible for travel and accommodation support.
Note that the number of participants is limited to 30. If you are interested, please fill out the application form and apply including a short, meaningful motivation why you would like to participate in the summer school.
- Claudio Agostinelli, University of Trento
E-mail: Claudio.Agostinelli [at] unitn.it
- Davide Ferrari, University of Bozen-Bolzano
E-mail: Davide.Ferrari2 [at] unibz.it
- Francesca Marta Lilja Di Lascio, University of Bozen-Bolzano
E-mail: Marta.Dilascio [at] unibz.it
- Nikolaus Umlauf, University of Innsbruck
E-mail: Nikolaus.Umlauf [at] uibk.ac.at
The summer school will take place at the SOWI Campus of the University of Innsbruck.
All lectures are held in the SR7 (2nd floor, east wing of the building). All participants should bring their own notebook.